The Connection Issue 70 - A Heart Team Approach to Treatment of Functional Mitral Regurgitation
Enduring Education Activity
Start Date: March 21, 2022 - End Date March 21, 2024
1.25 Contact Hours ANCC
Member Price: Free
Non-Member Price $10.00
- At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to describe patient eligibility criteria for transcather edge-to-edge mitral valve repair (TEER).
- At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to understand the implications to heart failure optimization prior to TEER.
- At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to describe the TEER procedure
- At the conclusion of this activity, the learner will be able to understand the roles and responsibilities of each member of the structural heart team
Nicole Dellise, DNP, FNP-BC, CHFN
Beth Davidson, DNP, ACNP, CHFN, CCRN, FHFSA
Andrew Goodman, MD, FACC
Laura Little, BSN, RN
Content Integrity Expectations
- This educational activity must adhere to the following requirements:-Educational materials that are part of accredited education (such as slides, abstracts, handouts, evaluation mechanisms, or disclosure information) must not contain any marketing produced by or for an ineligible company, including corporate or product logos, trade names, or product group messages.
- All recommendations for patient care in accredited continuing education must be based on current science, evidence, and clinical reasoning, while giving a fair and balanced view of diagnostic and therapeutic options.
- All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in accredited education in support or justification of a patient care recommendation must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Evolving topics are presented without advocating for, or promoting, practices that are not, or not yet,adequately based on current science, evidence, and clinical reasoning. Sessions that cover these topics must be clearly identified in the program or agenda.
- Accredited education cannot include unscientific approaches to diagnosis or therapy, or education that promotes recommendations, treatment, or manners of practicing healthcare that are determined to have risks or dangers that outweigh the benefits or are known to be ineffective in the treatment of patients.
- Faculty (speakers or authors) must not actively promote or sell products or services that serve their professional or financial interests during accredited education. -Only relevant relationships are disclosed to learners prior to the activity.
This activity is provided by the American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN). The American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
Disclosure/Conflicts of Interest
The planners and faculty for this activity do not have any relevant relationships to disclose unless listed below. Any resulting conflicts of interest have been resolved according to ANCC guidance.
Disclosure of Commercial Support
AAHFN did not receive commercial support from any organizations for this activity.
The requirement for successful completion:
Read the issue in its entirety and the accreditation information below; the articles that have the education logo next to it are part of the enduring educational activity The Connection Issue 70: . Access the post-test, successfully pass it with a minimal score of 70% and submit an evaluation and receive a certificate of completion. Participants who successfully complete this activity in its entirety will be awarded 1.00 contact hours.