Cardiotoxicities and Holiday Heart - Prevention
Cardiotoxicities and Holiday Heart
Enduring Education Activity
Expiration Date: March 7, 2022 - March 7, 2024
1.0 Contact Hours ANCC
Member Price: Free
Non-Member Price: 10.00
There is a current knowledge deficit on the newly updated guidelines in heart failure. This presentation will produce the following learning outcomes:
The learner will self-report knowledge gained on the updated guidelines in heart failure. The learner will report self-confidence in managing heart failure patients At 6 months post-program, we hope for at least 50% of participants will self-report they are using these guidelines in practice.
Maureen Haviaris, BSN, RN
Robin Miller, DNP, MPH, ACNP-BC, CHFN
Carolyn Miller Reilly, PhD, RN, CHFN-K, CNE, FAHA, FAAN
Content Integrity Expectations
- This educational activity must adhere to the following requirements:-Educational materials that are part of accredited education (such as slides, abstracts, handouts, evaluation mechanisms, or disclosure information) must not contain any marketing produced by or for an ineligible company, including corporate or product logos, trade names, or product group messages.
- All recommendations for patient care in accredited continuing education must be based on current science, evidence, and clinical reasoning, while giving a fair and balanced view of diagnostic and therapeutic options.
- All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in accredited education in support or justification of a patient care recommendation must conform to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Evolving topics are presented without advocating for, or promoting, practices that are not, or not yet,adequately based on current science, evidence, and clinical reasoning. Sessions that cover these topics must be clearly identified in the program or agenda.
- Accredited education cannot include unscientific approaches to diagnosis or therapy, or education that promotes recommendations, treatment, or manners of practicing healthcare that are determined to have risks or dangers that outweigh the benefits or are known to be ineffective in the treatment of patients.
- Faculty (speakers or authors) must not actively promote or sell products or services that serve their professional or financial interests during accredited education. -Only relevant relationships are disclosed to learners prior to the activity.
Attendees may earn 1.0 contact hours by participating in this activity and completing the evaluation.
Claiming Contact Hours
Attendees can earn one nursing contact hour for every hour of educational time. Learners must complete an evaluation to receive contact hours. The evaluation is available after the activity.
This activity is provided by the American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN). The American Association of Heart Failure Nurses (AAHFN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
Disclosure/Conflicts of Interest
The planners and faculty for this activity do not have any relevant relationships to disclose unless listed below. Any resulting conflicts of interest have been resolved according to ANCC guidance.
Disclosure of Commercial Support
AAHFN did not receive any commercial support unless listed below.